A wedding in South Africa offers the most discerning of palates an amazing variety of choice.
The secret is now out, more and more couples are choosing South Africa as their wedding destination.
I find it no surprise either, not only is South Africa one of the most beautiful and interesting countries in the world but for wedding parties, it offers the most amazing variety of choice with exceptional value for money.
There is no shortage of stunning destinations to choose from for a wedding in South Africa. From the scenic Garden Route to the cosmopolitan city of Cape Town, with its many beautiful wedding venues. Here, you can choose to have your wedding on the majestic Table Mountain, be surrounded by the beauty of the Kirstenbosch Gardens or enjoy the peace and tranquillity of one city’s historic wine farms.
Or for the adventurous at heart, you can choose to get married in the bosom of Mother Nature and spend your wedding day on one of South Africa’s many wildlife parks. A must in any case for the honeymoon plans!
As well as sharing your special day with you, guests lucky enough to be invited to your South African wedding will be treated to a holiday of a lifetime. There is a wonderful array of activities to cater to all tastes and ages, ranging from relaxing on golden beaches to wine tasting in world-famous vineyards and diving with sharks!
Our Top Tips for Getting Married in South Africa
- Many couples opt to do the legal bit in their home country and then have a symbolic ceremony in South Africa.
- Plan ahead, some of the more popular wedding venues can be booked up 12 to 18 months in advance.
- As soon as you know your wedding date, book your photographer and videographer.
- Have a welcome dinner or cocktails at a local restaurant or bar.
- Organise a post wedding day brunch or activity.
- For those planning a DIY wedding, use our Digital Destination Wedding Planning Tool Kit to help you stay on track which comes free when you book a 90 Minute Personalised Planning Consultation.
- Provide guests with as much information as possible. Read our Guest Information Guide, and download our Guest Information Checklist which covers everything from guests expenses, to creating a personal wedding website.
- If you would like your budget to stretch that bit further then look just outside of the popular “hotspots” or consider having your wedding midweek.